The editorial board welcomes original submissions in English. Apart from research articles it also accepts research notes. The number of words for a research article should preferably be between 5,000 and 8,000 and that for a research note should preferably be between 2,000 and 3,000. The Editorial Board also welcomes reviews of books published in English. The maximum number of words for a book review should be 1,000.
The following are some of the topical areas (but not limited to) relevant to the journal:
- Behavioural finance
- Efficiency of stock and foreign exchange markets
- International parity conditions
- Valuation of securities
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Cost of capital and capital budgeting
- Modelling time-varying volatility of financial assets
- Time-varying correlations, betas and copulas
- Market microstructure
- Islamic finance
- Financial reporting and international financial reporting standards
- Public sector accounting and auditing
- Corporate governance
- Audit expectation gap
- Market for audit services
- Determinants of job satisfaction of accounting academics
- Determinants of various disclosures in company annual reports
- Earnings management
- Auditing standards
Notice for Price Adjustment
|Effective 1 January 2015, the publication fee will increase from 100.00USD to 200.00USD. Manuscripts submitted on or after this date will be charged the new rate of 200.00USD per article.|
Manuscripts submitted in 2014 can take advantage of the old rate (100.00USD) if paid on or before January 31, 2015.
All 2014’s manuscripts unpaid by 31 January 2015 will be charged the new rate of 200.00USD.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
AJFA follows APA style.
1. Authors must ensure that their papers are free of spelling and grammatical errors and typos.
2. Research papers and research notes should not exceed 8,000 and 3,000 words, respectively.
3. The first page of an article should contain the title of the paper, name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s) and an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
4. The first page should also contain five key words according to the Classification System for Journal Articles as used by the Journal of Economic Literature.
5. Equations in the text should be numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals within simple brackets and aligned against the right margin.
6. All appendices should be numbered consecutively using upper case roman numerals and shown before the list of references.
7. When formulae displayed have been derived by the author, the full derivations should be given on separate sheets (not to be published) for the information of the referees.
8. References should be cited within the text as follows: According to Wickremasinghe (2005), foreign exchange market … These results are inconsistent with those of other studies (Perera, 1995; Silva, 2000)
9. List of references should show each citation in alphabetical order.
10. Author should register with the journal before submitting manuscripts.
11. Page proofs will be sent to the corresponding author. The corrected manuscripts should be submitted within 5 working days.
12. DOIs in References
Example of persistent link: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/2.901164
The authors may retrieve articles’ DOIs at: http://www.crossref.org/SimpleTextQuery/
13. The publication fee is 100USD.
The publisher and journal have a policy of “Zero Tolerance on the Plagiarism”. We check the plagiarism issue through two methods: reviewer check and plagiarism prevention tool (ithenticate.com).
All submissions will be checked by iThenticate before being sent to reviewers.
Recruitment for Reviewers
The editorial board welcomes you to join us to be Reviewer.
Status: Part time Working language: English
Working style: Internet-based
Payment: Voluntary job, no payment
Participation in the peer-review process is absolutely essential to the success and reputation of the journal. Reviewers along with the editors determine which work is of quality and significance. Due to extensive readership, the research and scholarship presented will ultimately have an impact on literacy in classrooms, nationally and internationally.
Reviewer's name will be listed on the journal's webpage.
a). possess a doctoral degree in the specific subject related closely to the journal;
b). hold a job at a university or academic organization, in a teaching or research position;
c). be fluent in academic and professional English;
d). have a strong interest in scholarly journal;
e). work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
|No announcements have been published.|
Vol 7, No 2 (2015)
Table of Contents
Ranjit Tiwari, Brajesh Kumar
Gaurav Kumar, Arun Kumar Misra
Fayyaz Ahmad, Muhammad Umar Draz, Su-chang Yang
Protap Kumar Ghosh, Sutap Kumar Ghosh
Peter Githaiga, Josiah Nyauncho, Charles Githinji KABIRU