Journal of Agricultural Studies (JAS) in an international cross-disciplinary, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to advancing the understanding of sustainability in agriculture, bio sciences and food systems.
- Gale's Academic Databases
- Google Scholar
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
Areas include but are not limited to:
- Agricultural Economics & Resource Management
- Agriculture & Ecology
- Animal Agriculture
- Biorenewable Resources
- General & Introductory Agriculture,
- Diseases & Weeds
- Tropical Agriculture
Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished and original works, which are not under review in any other journal.
The journal is published in online version which is free access and download.
- Current Issue: September 2014 (This issue is In Progress but contains articles that are final and fully citable)
- All Issues
Paper Selection and Publication Process
- Upon receipt of paper submission, the Editor sends an E-mail of confirmation to the corresponding author within 1-3 working days. If you fail to receive this confirmation, your submission/e-mail may be missed. Please contact the Editor in time for that.
- Peer review. We use double-blind system for peer-review; both reviewers and authors’ identities remain anonymous. The paper will be peer-reviewed by three experts; two reviewers from outside and one editor from the journal typically involve in reviewing a submission. The review process may take 2-3 weeks.
- Notification of the result of review by E-mail.
- The authors revise paper and pay publication fee (100USD).
- After publication, we will send the soft copy of the current issue to the authors’ email.
- E-journal in PDF is available on the journal’s webpage, free of charge for download.
: JAS: Call for papers
Journal of Agricultural Studies is calling for submission for the issue of Vol. 2, No. 2, September 2014
Welcome you to submit manuscripts to this journal. Please find the information for authors.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is appreciated if you could share this information with your colleagues and associates. Thank you.
: JAS： Reviewers Recruitment
a). have a doctoral degree in the specific subject related closely to the journal; b). have a job at a university or academic organization, in a teaching or research position; c). have free time outside your regular job, at least 6 hours per month (2-4 papers for review per month); d). be familiar with the APA citation system; e). be fluent in academic and professional English; f). have a strong interest in a scholarly journal; g). work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines; h). have an effective network in your research field.
How to apply
Vol 2, No 2 (2014): [In Progress]
Table of Contents
|Description of Seedless Grape Drying and Determination of Drying Rate|
|Wilton Pereira da Silva, Pedro Luiz do Nascimento, Ihsan Hamawand, Cleide Maria Diniz Pereira da Silva e Silva, Josivanda Palmeira Gomes, Ihsan Hamawand||1-10|
|Livestock Trends and Farmers’ Perceptions about their Impacts in Southern Zambia|
|Gelson Tembo, Evans Kapekele, Alice Tembo, Fusya Y. Goma, Jairos Sambo||11-20|
|Screening of Antagonistic Activity of Lactic Acid Bacteria Strains in relation to Candida scotti for Optimal Conservation of Plant Juices|
|Ravilya A. Shurkhno, Shamil Z. Validov, Olga N. Ilinskaya||21-31|
|An Analysis of the Value Chain for Indigenous Chickens in Zambia’s Lusaka and Central Provinces|
|Richard Bwalya, Thomson Kalinda||32-51|
|Resource Use Efficiency in Organic Vegetable Production: A Case Study of Manzini Region, Swaziland|
|Dumsile Dlamini F, Mukole Kongolo||52-61|
|Volatile and Phenolic Composition of A Chardonnay Wine Treated with Antimicrobial Plant Extracts before Malolactic Fermentation|
|Juan J. Rodríguez-Bencomo, Almudena García-Ruiz, Pedro J. Martín-Álvarez, M. Victoria Moreno-Arribas, Begoña Bartolomé||62-75|
|Effect of Soaking and Cooking Methods on Extraction of Solids and Acceptability of Tiger Nut (Cyperus Esculentus L) Milk|
|Frank A. Asante, William O. Ellis, Ibok Oduro, Firibu K. Saalia||76-86|
|Influence of Storage on Darkening and Hardening of Slow- and Regular-Darkening Carioca Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) Genotypes|
|Beatriz S. Siqueira, Wendell J. Pereira, Karla A. Batista, B. Dave Oomah, Kátia F. Fernandes, Priscila Zaczuk Bassinello||87-104|
|Evaluation of Sap Flow Sensors to Measure the Transpiration Rate of Plants during Canopy Wetting and Drying|
|Jasim Uddin, Rod Smith, Nigel Hancock, Joseph Foley||105-119|
|Efficacy of Legumes Conservation by the Introduction of Lactobacillus RS4 from Epiphytic Microflora of Clover|
|Ravilya A. Shurhno, Alexey I. Kolpakov, Fafziya S. Gibadullina, Olga N. Ilinskaya||120-131|
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
Journal of Agricultural Studies ISSN 2166-0379
Copyright © Macrothink Institute
To make sure that you can receive messages from us, please add the 'macrothink.org' domain to your e-mail 'safe list'. If you do not receive e-mail in your 'inbox', check your 'bulk mail' or 'junk mail' folders.